It's that time of the year when allergies are at their worst. Everyone is coughing and sneezing! The whole city is more congested than the roads during rush hour traffic!
You've tried everything, but it feels like the allergens made it into your home and have penetrated your air system. If that's your guess, you may not be that far off.
You'd be surprised by how many homes and businesses don't have the necessary filtration to supply adequate clean, fresh air to the building.
However, you can easily fix this issue by ensuring that your filter is the correct type and size, as well as changed regularly. This simple maintenance can make a world of difference in the air quality of your home.
- Shop knowledgeable and prepared. If you are changing your filter, you should already know what filter type is needed to replace the old one. A quick trick is to snap a picture of old filter and any identifiable names, numbers or information you might see. If you didn't do this, that's okay. Located somewhere near or on the vent should be the necessary information.
- Explore product options. Be sure that the filter you purchase is the right one for your needs. There are several options available that ensure that regardless of what your needs may be, we offer an air filter that meets them. This is especially important in a home with individuals who suffer from allergies.
- Stay up-to-date on filter changes. At the end of the day, consistency is the key to preventing allergies. You have to stay up-to-date on changing your air filters or they can't perform their job properly. In fact, by not changing them on time you may actually be worsening the air quality in your home.
Our filter, the Dust Goblin, is designed to filter out more than just dust particles, which is one of the reasons that they are so efficient at clearing household allergens from the air.
The Dust Goblin hosts a MERV rating of an 8 and is known for its ability to inhibit microbial growth in your HVAC system! The American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunity (ACAAI) suggests considering MERV ratings when choosing your next air filter.
Filter Out Allergens
- Demolish dust. Most air filters are designed to catch dust as air flows through them. The design of the Dust Goblin catches these larger particles without clogging the filter.
- Remove mold spores. Many homeowners don't regularly think of mold spores, however, these microscopic seeds are floating in the air all around us. Certain kinds of mold can be dangerous growing in a home, which is why our Dust Goblins are designed to remove mold spores as well.
- Catch pet dander. We all love our pets, however, I believe we can all agree we hate pet dander. Without proper filtration, pet dander in a home can even bother those who aren't allergic to pets. We understand what it means to be a pet owner and are proud to offer filters that filter out pet dander too.
- Prevent pollen. Pollen is easily one of the hardest allergies to prevent, as pollen is relevant in the air year round. While some months are generally worse than others, adequate filtration is a necessary prevention for those with pollen-related allergies.
Not all filters are designed to filter out every particle found in the air around us. Some filters are meant mainly to capture larger particles, such as dust or dirt. Knowing the kind of filter you need and how often you should change it is vital to maintaining optimal home health. Even the Mayo Clinic recommends an air filter that filters small particles and even suggests aiming the clean air flow toward your head.
Many filters feature a "V" shaped pleat design that is known for clogging over time. Contrarily, the Dust Goblin is designed to catch particles is what appears to be a mesh, which also prevents clogging.
If you are interested in learning more about the Dust Goblin or to order your next filter today, please feel free to contact us.